This website is operated by Explorer Travel. Please read the following carefully to see how we use the personal information that you provide us when using our website. We may change this policy at any time and the change will take effect as soon as the revised policy is available on our website.
Information We May Collect from You
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is aggregate data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
The below explains the types of cookies we use and why.
Performance Cookies; Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering that a visitor has previously entered information in an online form.
These cookies are usually set by a third party in order to ensure a visitor gets shown a random, varied list of travel offers on each page they visit.
Uses Made of the Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties:
If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms & conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Explorer Travel, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.